Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pensions at Eastbourne

Eastbourne is quite an appropriate place I suppose to hold a seminar on Pensions. I am part of the first ever UNISON delegation to attend the annual GMB/Unite T&G Pensions seminar.

Which is held every year in the Eastbourne Conference Centre (which is owned and managed by the T&G - an excellent "hotel", my room overlooks the beach and it is only 5 minutes from the pier). Interesting stuff (to me anyway) on the future of pensions, ill -health retirement and risk sharing this afternoon.

A number of presentations and work groups planned for tomorrow including UNISON on Capital Stewardship. I will write up something more detailed when I get home. It finishes tomorrow lunch time. Everyone is very friendly, positive about working together and extremely constructive. Most unlike any other joint trade union meeting I have ever been at! Is it something to do with pensions? I can't post any photos to this blog so will update with something suitable when I get home.






No comments: