Thursday, September 11, 2008

John’s Labour blog - No. 1 UK Trade Union Blog (ish)

I’m on-line, officially thanking anyone and everyone, soon of course emotion will completely overwhelm me and I will burst into bloggersphere tears and start sobbing my virtual heart off. I will blubber (via facebook) my thanks to Mom, Pa, Mrs Grayee, my blog readers (and even my blog haters!) the London regional Council officers, the convenor and GOD (If you are an UNISON activist you will know who I mean).

The reason for this raw display of emotion is that the TIGMOO web site (This Great trade union Movement Of Ours - tigmoo) reports that John’s Labour blog is the Number One trade union blog in the UK (sort of)!

Trade Union Web 2.0 super propagandist Johninnit reports that this poll was in response to Tory Boy, Iain Dale, who has recently with Total Politics ranked UK political blogs. I was apparently the 32nd Labour Party blog, 68th left wing blog and 177th overall Political blog.

Not that we should really place that much reliance on Tory Boy!

This is what Tigmoo has posted (pdf) and why they think I am the "number one" trade union blogger.

TIGMOO.co.uk is an aggregator service for blogs about unions and unionism in the UK. Over 90 blogs have joined the network, which scans them for new content every hour and publishes a feed of links directly into their stories. By visiting one site, you can stay up to date with over 90 different opinions on union matters.

1: John's Labour blog
Unison NEC member reporting on his work as an elected official and union issues in general, with a strong focus on Labour party activism through the Unison Labour Link, and on developments in pensions policy. grayee.blogspot.com


The 94 blogs in the TIGMOO network were ranked according to four equally weighted factors: Traffic ratings from Alexa.com, number of posts in the last 8 weeks, number of comments in that time, and the number of inbound links found by Google. Of course, these technical measures have a huge margin of error, especially when dealing with smaller sites, and quantity doesn’t always predict quality (ouch!).

BTW - I am not of course a UNISON NEC member. Freudian slip no doubt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

first among equals

John Gray said...

very true comrade, very true - there again, does this mean I'm a Prime Minister as well?!?

Anonymous said...

Ooops!!!! Very sorry about that John - consider it corrected!! (whoever said bloggers don't check their facts...)

(And well done on a very good blog, and for keeping a remnant of the union end up in Dale's premier league - lots of us, tigmoo included, slipped into the vauxhall conference this year - I think a good thing, as it shows there has been a general strengthening of the left blogohemisphere over the last year.)

Tom Powdrill said...

well deserved John!

Anonymous said...

HI John, It's a great blog well done. FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE...

John Gray said...

many thanks folks!

Ian Manborde said...

Hi John,

Congratulations on your achievement - all of the time and effort you've put in has been justly recognised.

I'm on leave at the moment and, as usual, having a quick look at your site and spotted this post and had to send a quick note.

Keep up the good work John!

Best wishes

Ian

John Gray said...

Many thanks Ian – actually I have an unfair advantage since I blog on other issues, not just unions, so I have a little bit of a advantage over other union bloggers