Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Raid in Forest Gate Station

This morning on the way to work I came across the aftermath of a criminal “raid” (Robbery) on security guards transporting money to the cash point machine inside Forest Gate station main hall.

I’m not sure exactly what happened. I spoke to the security guard who I understand was involved to see if he was alright and he seemed okay and even quite relaxed about things. The Police would not (understandably) give any details apart to confirm that there had been a “raid” but no one was hurt.

Thanks for small mercies. The cash point in this hall is rather isolated and separate to the ticket office. Probably not the best place to safely service a cash machine?

I wonder how much money these (GMB?) security guards get for risking their lives for giving us easy access to our money?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: