Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jayne Wilkinson for Tividale

I hope any UNISON Labour Link members living or working near Tividale, West Midlands will go out and support top trade union organiser Jayne Wilkinson in her fight to become a Labour Councillor for the ward.

At the moment there are two Labour and one BNP Councillors. Need I say anymore?

"Jayne has lived in the Rowley area all her life and is excited about bringing her experience as an organiser within her own community to Tividale.

Jayne works for Tesco in West Bromwich, where she is Chair and Shop Steward of the store’s USDAW Branch. She has successfully encouraged colleagues to participate in union decision making and has driven up the number of members by engaging with her colleagues.

It is through her USDAW activity that Jayne became involved with Labour. She said, “For me, Labour is the party of the many not the few. I’ve been inspired by the determination of the hard working people I meet through my union work and I know first hand the importance of collective action in order to deliver results that matter . As a mother, I know the issues facing working families, and I will work tirelessly to improve circumstances across the ward.”

Printed by Argraphics, 25 Salisbury Road, Birchfield, Birmingham, B19 1ND
Promoted by Jayne Wilkinson on behalf of herself at Terry Duffy House, Thomas Street, West Bromwich, B70 6NT

No comments: