Monday, August 09, 2010

UNISON London Lay Leadership visit to Bromley Local Govt Branch

Catching up on some posts - picture is from a recent visit I went on with UNISON London regional Convenor Gloria Hanson and our deputy Convenor, Conroy Lawrence.

The Bromley Local Government branch has been under "regional supervision" for the past several months. There was a number of  problems in the past but I think it is safe to say that we were all very impressed with the way the branch has reorganised itself and is out there connecting with members and fighting constructively for their interests.

Well done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one, any chance of sorting out the Lambeth branch where Permanent Ripoff have taken over? I hear there are allegations made against some of them from members for bullying, good reason to put them under supervision me thinks.

Anonymous said...

I hear PR is targeting Tower Hamlets and the SWP bureaucrats next.

Anonymous said...

yes ,I hear that the Permannt Ripoff gang recently organised a farewell collection for thier 'old' young members officer who has gone off to work in Tower Hamlets , no doubt keen to develop
the skills picked up at the LSE and lambeth

Graham

Anonymous said...

Can you please explain what you are doing for Newham?

Can you explain what you have done since being councillors for Newham?

Sounds to me, we pay you, so you can indulge in your passions of unions!

I sure like to hear how you are going to fight off local drug lords as per your elections leaflets.

John Gray said...

Hi Anon
Because certain poor simple souls such as yourself cannot understand the words “personal capacity” I generally don’t blog on my Council duties and will certainly not comment on sensitive case work.

I do love the quote about my “passions of unions”. Will use it to annoy your ultra leftwing doppelgangers’ in future union elections!

Anonymous said...

john, why in newham are the opposition to labour so rubbish? i don't support labour but these people are just pathetic. not in our name. grow up.

Anonymous said...

Anon

Good to see your keeping busy Nick (Stuart)

Anonymous said...

Who elected the "regional supervisors"?

John Gray said...

Hi Anon

The branch elected London RCO's and the member elected NEC.