Sunday, January 09, 2011

People's Front of Judea - request for nomination to UNISON NEC



Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to ask your UNISON branch to consider nominating me in the forthcoming election to UNISON's National Executive Council (NEC). I am seeking re-election in the Male seat to represent the Greater Judea Region.

I am the Secretary of the People's Front of Judea local government branch and have represented Judea on our NEC since 03AD. I believe that the experience which I have gained and the enthusiasm which I have not lost together mean that I could play a valuable role as an NEC member in what will be our most challenging times.

I am asking you to nominate me to continue to represent you on the NEC because of what I will do if elected.

Most importantly, I will continue to report regularly and transparently to Judea UNISON branches about what happens at meetings of our NEC. I regularly circulate full reports by email, which supplement the brief official reports made available on the website. I also publish my reports online on a blog.....

To be valid, nominations need to be made at a quorate meeting of your branch or branch committee during the nomination period. The nomination period will open on 11 January 2011 and close at 5pm on Friday 18 February 2011. Copies of the nomination forms will be available on UNISON's website from 4 January.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this message and, I hope, to pass it on to your Branch Committee.

Yours in solidarity,

Not a raving Trot

(honest, cross my heart, I'm not xxx but I am, really, honest, a proper working class warrior against the ruling class and all their stooges in the workers movement - and born and bred in Brighton)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the SWP internal bulletin for their forthcoming conference:

“How is it possible for a party like ours to be smaller after 10 years of political upturn than in the long years of political downturn?” They go on: “We are dogged with the twin problems of weak organisation on the ground on the one hand and strong hierarchical tendencies on the other …. The rank and file have openly been called ‘foot soldiers’ and treated with condescension and/or contempt by our ‘officers’. If the ‘officers’ do attend the odd branch meetings it is in the manner of visiting royalty.”

Anonymous said...

"how is it possible"? what about because what you believe in just doesn't make any sense. It’s at best silly quasi religious nonsense and at worse brain washing. Marx is long dead, So is Stalin, so is Trotsky. Get real.