Monday, January 09, 2012

London Marathon Training Wk 11: Epping Forest

I've started getting back into the training programme after crimbo and New Year.  My achilles seems better but still no interval sprints.  I'm using energy sport drinks for distances that take longer than 30 minutes and I think that they do help a little.

The run of the week was in Epping Forest.  It started at the car park opposite the Butlers Retreat cafe (currently being refurbished) in Rangers Road, across Chingford plains and around Connaught Waters (see picture).  Then an anti-clock wise circular route through the forest following various random paths that happen to take my fancy. Coming out of Bury wood into Chingford plains again and ending back at Butlers retreat.  It took around 75 minutes and was a enjoyable but muddy run through some gorgeous scenery.

Next to Butlers retreat there is the 16th Century Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge. I once (for a very short time) had a telesales job in the stables next door.  It was a complete and utter con job.  If you ever get an unsolicitored letter or postcard in the post telling you to ring a number since you have won a prize - don't.

I am running the London marathon in April using the official advanced training programme and will be raising funds for Homeless Youth charity "Alone in London". Click here to sponsor me.

More photo's from run on Facebook here.

No comments: