Thursday, March 05, 2015

Councillor Report to West Ham Ward: March 2015

Councillor Report to West Ham Ward

WEST HAM WARD LABOUR PARTY




Ward meeting 5 March 2015

Thursday 5 February I attended Rebecca Cheetham Nursery School Governors meeting, then part of the West Ham ward meeting and finally my ward AGM at Forest Gate North.

Saturday 7 February I went away with our local Army Reservists, 7 Rifles, for a familiarisation day on Salisbury plains. Accompanied by Cllr Whitworth and other Cllrs. We watched local troops on ranges, cooked an outdoor meal and observed the Rifles practicing fire and manoeuvre infantry tactics.  It was very cold but very interesting day.

Tuesday 10 February I attended an evening executive meeting of the London Labour Housing Group at the House of Commons. We discussed a possible housing manifesto for future Labour candidate for Mayor of London.  

Wednesday 11 February I attended Newham Council Pension Committee, where I submitted some guidance I had received from the LGA about pensions for Councillors being in their view unlawful and also asked questions about the proposed Newham Pension Board.  I have since submitted a report on the proposed Board.

The Pension committee clashed with the Regeneration and Scrutiny Commission meeting so I was not able to attend both. There has been no meeting of the Housing Residents Scrutiny Commission due to a shortage of Scrutiny officers.

Thursday 12 February was a meeting of West Ham CLP Campaign meeting to plan for the General election 

Friday 13 February I went on site visit to Ladywell Street, E15 and met local residents and West Ham Police sector team regarding ASB, dumped rubbish and  environment. I have requested a site visit with representatives from landlord Family Mosaic.

Saturday 14 February I held my surgery at Vicarage Lane Community Centre then in the afternoon went canvassing for Labour in our target seat Ilford North with other West Ham CLP activists.

I was away on annual leave from 19 February to 22 February.

Monday 16 February was Newham Council Labour Group meeting at East Ham Town Hall.

Monday 23 February was Full Council meeting during which I asked the Executive advisor for Finance questions on our borrowing strategy and the legality of the consultation process of the Newham Pension Board.

I was away at my UNISON Community Conference in Bradford 26 February to 1 March 2015 as one of its two National Executive Committee members.

No comments: